I wanted to share this blog that I've consistently enjoyed reading: EV Greive. The blog deals strictly in the realm of the East Village - whether from businesses changing, closing or opening to small little occurrences on the author notices on the street. It's an incredible perspective, really intimate but also honest. The blog is also obviously heavily communal - most the comments on the posts are East Villagers. Really great place to get minute and quick updates on everything going on in the area (and I mean really tiny things - some things the author posts are inclusive to whoever is there at the very moment of something occurring). Right now the big topic is the closing of Ray's Candy Store (the writer seems to have a huge interest in the thread to the E.V. by things such as high rents, development, etc).
Here is a recent article (Jan. 17 2010) in the NY Times discussing what is happening to Ray's store
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment